Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all My PLN Friends!

I have been having such a hard time writing for the last, oh, about 8 weeks.  Just cannot get into it.

So, I started to write tonight and decided I didn't want to.  Not yet.  Have tons to write about.  Like the project Meg Finney, super librarian at Millville Memorial High School, and I are working on called One Book One School.  I need to write all the steps we are going through to prepare for this, to create this, to make this project work.  Be on the lookout for that post soon!

I want to write about beginning a Gaming club with one of the teachers at my school.  I want to explain how my Anime Club celebrated spring with sushi and friends.  I want to tell what happens when poet Peter Murphy comes to the high school this Monday to read poetry and talk to Holly Capertina's creative writing class.  I want to share the joy of listening to the choirs from the high school building and Memorial building this coming Wednesday.  I want to make a list of all the technology and ideas I want to learn about and work with during the summer break, because I never stop learning, trying, growing.

Since I don't want to write tonight, though, I thought I should share a wish, at least.  To all of you, friends, librarians, PLN members, Twitter-ers like me, readers of my blog, strangers, and new friends of the future, I wish you Happy Mother's Day.  If you are a mother, enjoy the day.  Do what you love to do for you.  If you have no children, you still can celebrate by honoring your mom.  And, if you are missing your mom, for any reason this year, I am sending you a hug for mother's day.  Sit in the sun.  Raise your eyes to the sky.  Feel mom's warmth.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, my friend! Our HS book club just received word that our One School One Book selection was approved! We do ours as an optional summer reading program. Slowly building steam with popular book selections over the past few years. Can't wait to hear how you are designing your program!

    ReplyDelete